SAS Nutrition pride ourselves on our commitment to protecting your privacy. We want you to know how we will collect, use and disclose the personal data you provide to us.
This privacy statement sets out how Firm Retail Limited (FR) uses and protects any information that you provide to us when you use the sasnutrition.com website or otherwise provide FR with your personal information.
FR is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
FR may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.
By providing us with your personal information, you agree and consent to its transfer, processing, use and disclosure as outlined in this privacy statement.
What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have agreed to our request for that information. This personally identifiable information may include your:
• Contact information including email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may send you emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• We may contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• To respond to your requests or queries.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing personally identifiable information with third parties
Sometimes we use and share your information with selected third parties to provide support services in connection with our website and in the normal course of business. These parties include Web.com (digital marketing services), Linn Systems Limited (Order Management Service), and their affiliates as may be necessary.
We may also share your personally identifiable information with our affiliates, contractors and agents in the normal course of business for delivery of the activities to which you have agreed. Unless otherwise agreed by you, we will not sell or rent personally identifiable information to other third parties, except that your personally identifiable information may be transferred to a third party in the event that the business of this site or a part of it and the customer data connected with it is sold, assigned or transferred. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We also automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our website, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, GPS location data, mobile phone service provider, and mobile phone operating system. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our websites and mobile applications so that we can improve them and the services we offer. GPS location data does not typically identify individual users. We may also share this aggregated information with other companies within the FR group of companies and with our Service Partners. This information includes:
• the total number of visits to our websites and mobile applications.
• the number of visitors to each page of our websites and mobile applications.
• the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
How we protect your personally identifiable information.
FR will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal information consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. When FR uses a third-party service provider including a Service Partner, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of the personally identifiable information you transmit to our websites: any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When we may disclose your personally identifiable information to others
FR reserves the right to disclose personal information about you, including your e-mail address, for reporting to government authorities, to parties in relevant legal proceedings as authorized by the presiding court or tribunal and otherwise to the extent required or explicitly authorized by applicable law. In certain special cases where permitted by local law, we may disclose your personally identifiable information:
• when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you or otherwise injuring or interfering with FR´s rights, property or operations, other users of this website or mobile application or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
• when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
• in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a product line or division, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Personally identifiable information collected may be transferred to, stored and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which FR (including its affiliates), subcontractors or agents maintain facilities, including the United States and countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that your information may be processed in countries with lower data protection standards than your country of residence. By using our website, you consent to any transfer, processing or storing of information outside of your country of residence and outside the EEA. We will ensure that if information is transferred outside your country of residence, it will still be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of IP addresses
An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organisation’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Data Controller, SAS Nutrition, 351 Cumbernauld Road, Glasgow, G31 3LP, phoning us on UK 0844 740 8021 or using the online contact us form or emailing us at cs @ sasnutrition.com or changing the direct marketing settings in your account.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be deleted from our files, please contact us in writing and we will respond promptly.